Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

{Bloggers' Day of Silence} For Japan with love


If you're anything like me, you have watched the news footage about the devastation in Japan since Friday's earthquake and tsunami, and you want to do something, anything, to help ease the suffering. Yesterday I discovered the link to For Japan with Love on Tumblr, Twitter and in several of the blogs I read.

After reading about the fundraiser, I have decided to take part in the Bloggers' Day of Silence this Friday {tomorrow}, to further raise awareness and show my respect for the bravery and resilience of the people of Japan. No Flowers for your Friday post this week... In addition, I will be making a donation to For Japan with Love. All donations are going directly to ShelterBox, who provide emergency shelter and lifesaving supplies to areas that have experienced a natural disaster. They are on the ground in Japan already, and ready to help provide displaced families with tents to stay in, and with food, blankets, clothing, clean water and other much-needed items. This is the best way I can think of to help in this crisis. I hope you'll consider joining me. For more information and to sign up, visit Lydia at Ever Ours

For my friend Goichiro in Tokyo, and all the others who have been affected by this tragedy... my thoughts and prayers are with you. Be safe. xo

Post Edit {Saturday, March 19th}: The goal of For Japan with Love was to raise $5,500. To date, over $51,000 has been raised! And over 1200 bloggers participated in the day of silence. Wow. I am so proud to have been a part of that.

5 comments:

  1. It's just terrible to see what's been going on over in Japan. Thanks for spreading the word about different ways to help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is totally new to me, but you've inspired me! i just signed up to participate and i'll be blogging a few dollars tomorrow too. thank you so much for posting about this and getting the word out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omigosh!! I forgot that Gooch is there!!

    Thanks for the reminder Erin.

    xx

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelly,
    Gooch is okay, but he's said how scary it's been and is worried about the situation with the nuclear reactors. I'm hoping he might come home to Victoria for a while...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it is amazing to see that the goal has been surpassed by so much! Every donation makes a difference in the life of someone struggling there right now. Continuing to pray for them and send as much help as I can.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...