via real simple
Happy Monday, the first one in October! It's been a lovely day here today, sunny and brisk and just perfect. I had tea with a friend this morning, went out for lunch with my mom in the afternoon and now I'm making a big pot of potato leek soup (in prep for the week ahead). The boys are building a fort and are chatting away happily with one another. Things are good. I'm going to make myself a cup of tea and sit down to relax for a bit before I tackle supper. But before I do, I have to tell you that... these days I'm loving:
- all the mail I've been getting from friends (and the stack of letters I've sent out recently)
- the way my legs ache (but in a good way) after yesterday's 5K run
- the paper pumpkins and bats the boys have put up in the living room windows (they are so excited about Halloween)
- the sunflowers on my kitchen table
- watching all the bonus features on my LOST dvds!
- reading amusing Julia Donaldson books at bedtime (have you read Stick Man? that book is hilarious...)
- stacks of pumpkins in the grocery stores
- all things pumpkin flavoured (you know how I love a pumpkin spice latte! and this week we're going to bake some pumpkin tarts for Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday)
- red maple leaves on the sidewalk
- my neat, tidy entryway (all shoes, coats, backpacks in their place! it's a miracle!)
- that my weekly meal planning is keeping me on-track and less stressed each afternoon (this week we've got homemade pizzas, potato soup with toasted sandwiches, veggie stirfry with basmati rice, chili and stuffed baked potatoes and Friday? I can't remember... but it's something good I'm sure)
Wow. I'm loving all sorts of stuff this week. Must be October. It's such an awesome month.
Are you full of love this Monday? Let's hear all about it!
Don't forget to visit Much Love Anna and link up if you decide to join in...