Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine Swap update

Back in January, I joined the Valentine Swap over on Sarah's blog, Auburn Street. So far I've received a few beautiful cards (I bet my mailbox will be bursting tomorrow), and I think today is the perfect time to share them with you...

My first card came from Brandi in San Diego. I love the Canada map, and the little trail leading straight to my heart in Victoria. Isn't it sweet?

Then came a package from Micaela! How thrilled was I to find out she got me in the swap? Beyond! She is one of my favourite bloggers, and I love our long, chatty emails and letters back and forth. Micaela sent me my Christmas ornaments, remember? She is just the sweetest thing, and I feel like we're old friends. And how pretty is this parcel?

Inside were chocolates for the boys and the most amazing pink peppermint soap for me. Mmmm! It smells like heaven.

Then there was M's handmade card. It was so pretty and you could just see how much work she put into it. It also had a great long letter tucked inside, and you know how much I love letters, don't you?

And it had a Notebook theme. I love The Notebook. It makes me weep (but in a good way). Thanks, Micaela love! I'll write back soon, I promise (by the way, I didn't get Micaela in the swap, but I sent her a little Valentine parcel anyway... I just had to!)

And thank you to Brandi, too, whose blog I am definitely going to follow. I'm looking forward to more mail over the coming days (I happen to know there are some goodies coming from some of my very best friends, Em and Kelly- yay!) and to keeping the Valentine love going for as long as I can. Isn't the blogiverse great for bringing together so many like-minded girls? I love it.

5 comments:

  1. Isn't a parcel from Micaela just the sweetest! I was so pleased to have her as my Christmas gift-swap partner. Her present to you looks just as fabulous, you lucky thing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So glad you have enjoyed the swap thus far! I'm still waiting on 3 of my valentines, which makes me so excited! I love love LOVE getting mail so much - I think I need to sign up for more swaps!!

    (oh, and micaela is absolutely the greatest!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cute cute cute idea. making a valentine's that much happier. thanks for your comment. you are going to love that book. listening to nora talk really makes me laugh. she is the friend we all wish to have.

    happy p day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are the cutest girl! i am so glad you liked my valentine, valentine :) i had so much fun making it for you! I got one of Brandi's valentines too- her blog is pretty isn't it? i'm waiting on 2 more :)

    i can't wait to see the rest :)

    (Cassie, btw- i loved having you as my Christmas swap partner too!!! you're too kind)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you liked the Valentine. I know I probably said that already, but I thought a lot about what I wanted to do and how I could make each Valentine special (without having to drop out of school to spend more time on the cards).

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...