Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

jeudi le 6 aout

Thursday flew by, in a flash of flights, airports (hello, my lovely London, and good-bye!) and finally, a wonderful reunion with one of my oldest and very best friends...

I arrived in Lyon right on time, at 6:30 in the evening. The temperature was 38 degrees Celsius! Mon dieu! Francois picked me up at the airport and we were on our way to Pommiers.

The beautiful village of Pommiers, about 40 minutes outside of Lyon. Please note the grapevines!

Em and I in the pool. Soooo refreshing! Pool noodle races ensued.

I was so excited to arrive in the village, and to see Em again! We swam in the pool and had crepes for dinner (with lots and lots of wine!) and I got to meet several of the in-laws, including Em's beaux-parents, Jean-Yves and France. It was a lovely evening, and I made it until 11 p.m when I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. After all, I'd been travelling since Wednesday at 1 p.m. and it was now a good 24 hours later! So, it was off to bed, with lots of fun to look forward to in the days ahead...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...