Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Getting ready, and girls' night out

My second day in France (day 3 of the trip) dawned bright and early. I was awake at 6 a.m., to the sound of bells ringing and birds singing. I was in French heaven! Went straight out onto my little balcony to take some photos of the beautiful Pommiers countryside.

Don't you love the shutters?

And the view???

I read my book, wrote in my journal, nibbled on some snacks left over in my carry-on bag and whiled away a few hours. Eventually, everyone else woke up too, and we headed downstairs for breakfast.

Which was, of course, pain au chocolat and croissants! Mmmmmm...

In the afternoon, we went to Gite-o-Vinum, in the nearby village of Lacenas, where we got busy decorating for the wedding.

After we had a few glasses of wine...

And a delicious lunch... ham, tomato and lettuce on baguette... mmmm!

We made centrepieces for the tables.

And chatted away...

Didn't they turn out beautifully? And don't we look cute?

We also popped by l'eglise in Pommiers, so Em and Francois could have a quick rehearsal of walking down the aisle!

That evening, we went with Stephenie, Em's sister-in-law to Villefranche, the nearest big town. We met up with Em's lovely friends from Paris, Sophie and Laure, and went for dinner and drinks.

Em, moi et Laure.

Steph, Laure et Em.

I don't think I've drunk that much wine in... well... forever actually! It was a lot of fun and Em was so happy to be surrounded by her girlfriends, the night before the big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...