Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Back to school, Walnut Grove style

I bought myself a new lunch bag today, for going back to school (no new clothes yet... I had Sawyer with me and he's not so keen on ladies' clothing stores!) Anyway, as I walked past the school supplies with my new lunch bag in hand, I was suddenly overwhelmed with memories of my early days in elementary school. Memories of having my hair braided and putting on my new clothes, of lining up outside the school when the bell rang, and (this is the best bit!) of carrying my fantastic, metal Little House on the Prairie lunch box up the stairs and into my grade 1 classroom.

Oh! How I loved that lunch box, with its picture of Mary and Laura on it (and the whole Ingalls family on the other side...), and its awesome matching thermos. As I stood in line at the check out today, with my boring khaki and beige insulated fabric lunch bag, I couldn't help but wish I still had my old lunch box. Going back to school would be so much more fun, don't you think?

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you had a LHOTP lunchbox...that is amazing! Lunch bags have definitely lost their personality. It's so sad! I loved my plain old rectangle lunch box and its adorable thermos. They don't make them like they used to, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...