Pages

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Pool noodles, hot tea, Grandma

3BT at the end of a long and busy day, shortly after having finally got both boys to sleep...

1. Went swimming today, all 4 of us. Lots of fun. Dylan and Alan went in the "big pool" which was very exciting, and then we all splashed around in the kids' pool for ages. Sawyer had several goes down the slide, and kept shouting, "'gain, 'gain!" The pool noodles provided a lot of laughs, aussi.

2. After taking what must have been half an hour to get dried and dressed, we finally emerged into the cool, drizzly afternoon. Alan suggested Tim Horton's for tea and doughnuts and who am I to object to an offer like that? The hot tea was absolutely perfect after walking to the van in the rain with already wet hair. The doughnut was divine.

3. Today is my Grandma's birthday. She would have been 81 today. If she were here, I would give her the biggest hug and tell her how much I loved her and how much I still do. It makes me sad to think about her, but I do all the time. So much of who I am is shaped around the time I spent with her as I was growing up. Can she really have been gone 13 years already? I can still hear her voice. Thank heaven for that.

Time to put another log on the fire, and make another cup of tea.
Good-night.
E

1 comment:

  1. Your three things made me cry today. Nanny has been gone such a short time and I don't know if I can still hear her voice. I love these three things though, very inspiring and, funny, how I am cheking back to see what is next in yours.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...