Pages

Monday, June 11, 2007

One step forward, two steps back...

Some days it feels more like 10 steps back! Today has been particularly lousy. Dylan has discovered that Mommy can't catch him if he runs away in shops. Yeah, that's fun. Watch the nearly 9-months' pregnant girl tearing after the toddler as he squeals with glee and she bursts into tears... Another example of the universe conspiring against me: I am trying so hard to get everything done before baby arrives, and new things keep piling up that I wasn't anticipating having to do. Like dealing with insurance claims and getting the car fixed after that idiot kid crashed into me on Sooke Road. Or discovering that the cats have got fleas and the entire house now has to be disinfected. Never mind washing the baby clothes and putting my feet up. Ha! Now I have to wash pretty much everything we own in scalding hot water, and rub calomine lotion all over my wee boy. I really do not know how much more I can take!!!

Now that I've got that off my chest, I must admit that not everything is going wrong. The very good news is that, despite crazy heavy rain this weekend, the new roof is on (thanks to wonderful Alan and our amazing friends)... Photos of that major project coming soon.

As for me, still huge, still pregnant (I'll let you know when baby arrives, don't worry!), and (very clearly) getting more emotional and worked up with each passing day. Hopefully tomorrow will be better than today has been.

And now, I've got a house to clean from top to bottom. Better get to it!
E

PS: Sorry there are no photos today. Computer seems to be acting up (surprise, surprise!)

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Erin!
    Wish I was in the same province and could come help you out with disinfecting and quick-legged toddlers!
    Big hugs,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...