Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A movie date with myself


That's right. I took myself to the movies tonight. The plans I had with friends fell through, but I didn't want to miss a big screen showing of Miracle on 34th Street, so I decided to go it alone. For the first time ever, I went to the movies by myself. And it was totally fine. In fact, it was better than fine. It was fabulous. I love old black & white movies, and this one is a holiday favourite of mine. I know it so well that it's like an old friend. Maybe because of that, I didn't really think about being by myself at all. I just immersed myself in the magic, enjoyed my popcorn and thought, "Next time, to make things even more perfect, get here with enough time to grab a hot chocolate from Starbucks..." Have you seen Miracle on 34th Street? It's lovely, especially that scene above {totally snuck a photo mid-movie!}... it gets me all teary-eyed every time.

Oh, and here's a photo of our Christmas tree {almost all decorated} just because I love it.
Good-night,
E xo

There are a few more decorations left to hang, and the angel still to go on top. But so far, so good!

3 comments:

  1. I must admit to having never seen the original film and only the remake. I must add it to my list of Christmas films to see.
    Your tree looks stunning Erin! I just love the train around the bottom and is that a pig I spy half way up too?!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I seriously have issues with it. I can eat alone, travel alone, but go to a movie alone? I can't. Maybe I can. But I don't really like movies anyway so maybe that's why.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm proud of you for going to the movies by yourself! :) I've done it several times in the last few years. It is a very liberating experience...
    The tree looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...