Pages

Thursday, July 05, 2012

Unplugged

The boys and I have just returned from three days of camping with my aunt, sister, brother-in-law and nephews. It was fabulous. I was offline the entire time and not once did I think, I wish I could check my facebook. We sat around the fire, went for strolls through the campground and along the river, ate s'mores and played board games. I made bannock and it was a smash hit {thanks, Johanna!}, especially paired with my sister's grape jelly. The cousins were thrilled to have so much time together. They splashed about in the river, caught fish, dug in the sand, climbed over logs, built all sorts of forts and had great fun making mud "sculptures." They rode bikes and ran through the woods, swam in the pool {yes, the campground had a pool! and a hot tub... ask me how much I loved soaking in that...}, ate way too much junk and stayed up late every single night. They loved it, of course. So did I. 












Summer vacation is off to a fantastic start, and we're not even a full week in yet.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like such a fantastic vacation! I'm sometimes nervous about unplugging but I'm always glad when I do. I've decided to leave my computer here when I go to Scotland. I just want to be in the moment in that place. And I'd never heard of bannock before, but they look yummy (and like pancakes!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pics are awesome!!! I wish I had been there with my beautiful boys!! Looks like you all had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...