Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

Happy things with which to end the week

Oh hey there, Friday. Good to have you back. 

Even though I'm on summer vacation and it's sort of like every day is the weekend, it's still nice to reach the end of the week and have Alan home from work. It switches things up a bit and makes for a nice change in routine. Also, I'm a big believer in finishing off the week on a happy note. So, here are a few things that have been making me smile, this last week of July...

 Sawyer putting all of his hats on to go for a walk. He cracks me up, that kid.

 An evening stroll with my boys

 A pretty destination = a nice spot to sit and relax for a bit

 A stack of  new library books {and daisies from the garden} on my dresser

 A pretty parcel in the mail from blogging friend, Marcia {look at that gorgeous linen! perfect for tea parties...}

 Snapdragons always remind me of my grandma

 Lavender reminds me of Em

 I love that our neighbourhood is surrounded by lakes {this one is a ten-minute walk from our house}

 Look what Alan brought me in bed this morning!

The Olympics start today! That's our hometown hero Simon Whitfield {who'll be carrying the Canadian flag into the Opening Ceremony} on the front page of today's paper


Happy Weekend! Will you be watching the Summer Olympics in London? We can't wait! I may even be making some special British cupcakes for the occasion :)

3 comments:

  1. I must admit I wasn't too excited about the olympics, but I have all ready been caught up in a few different sports.
    Ohh and I love the picture of Sawyer and his hats:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad the package arrived, and it's SO cool to be part of your happy things to end the week with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for happy weekends! I love the Olympics -- I'm glued to every event for the next 17 days! So happy that other people are as enthusiastic about them as I :)

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...