Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

Friday Flowers {and other happy things}

Monday morning flower stall on the Upper West Side
 {I wanted to bring a bouquet home with me on the plane}

It's been a long week, and one of adjusting {half-heartedly, I'll admit} to our work and school routine again. I can't help but wish I were still on vacation, and still in New York {oh, how I love that city!}, with no responsibilities and an agenda that's just full of fun. Is that selfish? Maybe. But I can't help it. Rather than waste time feeling guilty, I figure I'll edit my million and one photos, put together my NYC posts and relish all the lovely memories. I'll daydream about going back. And I'll keep reminding myself of that quote, "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Who said that? Whoever they were, they didn't know this girl very well! It's definitely something I need to work on. So, here's my list of a few happy things to end the week with. You can't say I'm not trying...

* Saw The Hunger Games last night with Cass, who has just moved back to the island. Loved it! 

* Our cherry tree is in bloom. So much pink blossomy prettiness in my front yard!

* Cadbury's Mini-Eggs. Need I say more?

* I had a nap after school today. For an hour. I have a feeling there'll be a few more of those in my immediate future.

* My birthday's this coming Thursday. I think it's time I started making some fabulous plans, don't you?

Have a wonderful weekend, my friends. I'm going to want to hear all about it...

2 comments:

  1. ;( I'm sad your sad! But yes smile when you see those pictures and laugh at your funny moments in NYC! Think of all the wonderful stuff you did with your mom & Amanda and smile even more as you write down what your going to do next time your here in NYC ;D Like hang out more with me!! Yay! Your birthday is right around the corner!! Make plans for your fabulous day! You deserve it ;) Hooe your having a great weekend with your boys ;) Miss you my friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will totally hang out more with you, Kary. Will you walk across the Brooklyn Bridge with me? We can wear our matching raincoats!

    Let's skype soon.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...