Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Day in photos

I know most people are moving on to New Year's Eve {I can't believe tomorrow is the last day of 2011}, but I'm still sorting through my Christmas photos! Here are some pictures of our Christmas Day, starting bright and early. The boys had us up shortly after 6 a.m., when they woke up and discovered that Santa had left bags of goodies at the ends of their beds {just like he does in England}...

Not too sleepy to be super excited

They're big bags, no?

#1 on Dylan's wish list was a spinning top. Look how thrilled he was to find it!

After the Santa sacks were emptied, we moved downstairs to the stockings and the Christmas tree. Mummy's pretty sleepy still, as you can see...

#2 on the list was a hula-hoop! Can you believe Santa didn't even try to wrap it?

Sawyer's Christmas wish was for a jack-in-the-box. Hurrah!

This present was at the very back of the tree, behind everything else. Sawyer kept asking, "Can I open that enormous one now? Please?" But, as is tradition, the biggest ones have to wait until last. He tried very hard to be patient, and was so excited to find a Playmobil volcano and dinosaur set when he finally got to open it

In the afternoon, we headed to my mom & dad's for Christmas dinner. It was lovely, and very noisy, and I hardly took a single photo. Too busy keeping track of all the crazy kids! I did get this one of my mom's beautifully decorated mantle above the fireplace though. Oh, and can you spot me in there somewhere?

Sawyer and I cuddled up to have dessert.

Home again, and straight to bed after a long and exciting day.

Sweet dreams!

3 comments:

  1. love all the photos from christmas eve and day! your boys are so adorable. [you're pretty cute yourself in those pjs!]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you, Erin & nothing but the best in 2012! xo, Britta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a really wonderful Christmas. I hope you guys have a great NYE as well!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...