Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

"I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick.... I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls." ~ Audrey Hepburn


I got my hair cut and coloured yesterday. What do you think? Sassy, right?

I feel like a brand new girl! And the way I've been feeling lately... that's a good thing.

It was a good day, Monday. I skyped with Em for an hour before I took the boys to school, and it was lovely. I got my hair done. I mailed some parcels. I came home to stacks of mail from loving friends {4 letters in one day! not too shabby! and just wait until you see what Kim sent me...}, and had lunch with another friend I haven't seen in a while. I sat in Starbucks and sipped a latté. I got some more Christmas shopping done. I enjoyed the feel of the sunshine on my face, and the way my hair looked every time I caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror. Yesterday was all about me, and every once in a while, I think that's just fine.


PS: Don't you just adore Audrey?

10 comments:

  1. I think "me days" are absolutely necessary! You look stunning, the colour is perfect, very sassy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful Erin! And I completely agree that sometimes you just need a 'me' day! I've got one of those coming up tomorrow - I've been looking forward to it for months!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love the new color and the cut. You rock it Erin! Sounds like a pretty good day yesterday. Hope you enjoyed your latte and time out shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh là là!!! C'est magnifique!
    Bisous à toi, ma belle! E xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh, i love it! your bangs are awesome! i love the look of bangs, but can't seem to keep my hands off them when i get them. i am so looking forward to getting my hair cut next week b/c i've been feeling blah too.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that colour! I should get myself dragged down to the hairdressers too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair is beautiful! Love it, love it.

    That Audrey really pinned it down -- it's nice to take care of yourself sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me days are always good, and no, as a mom we should not feel guilty in loving our days :) They are a definite must, not only for our sanity :)

    Love your hair it looks pretty and you look beautiful! I'm SO happy you got your third postcard, but I'm anxiously awaiting when you receive your 4th one :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun cut! Definitely sassy! :)
    And yes, Audrey is amaaaaazing!!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. i adore your new cut and color! BEAUTIFUL!!!!

    sounds like the most fabulous day, indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...