Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy things to end the week with

Today is Remembrance Day. My kindergarten class painted poppies yesterday and we attended a very moving assembly in the school gym {several hundred kids singing a song about peace was enough to bring me to tears}. Nobody got stabbed with their poppy pin either, so I'd call that a success!

Because Remembrance Day is on a Friday this year, it means we get a long weekend.  I'm so grateful for that. I could use some time to get some things done, and some more time to just do nothing. I want to get cozy and relax, and since I don't seem to be getting anywhere near enough sleep lately, maybe spend some extra time in bed... Anyway, here are a few other things, besides that extra day off, that have made me smile at the end of this busy week:

 Fab holiday mugs at Starbucks

Pretty autumn colours on my drive home

My little superhero {forgive the blurry cell phone photo}

The snowmen and Santas on display at Homesense. I'm a sucker for a cute snowman.

And a few more, for good measure... * Getting my partner for the Cold Hands, Warm Hearts Swap. She lives in a town called North Pole! Can you believe it? * Drinking a gingerbread latte with Kim {I was in Victoria and she was in L.A., but it was at pretty much the exact same time, so that counts as being together, right?} *Finding the perfect advent calendar {it's a London scene, complete with Big Ben!} * Having a conversation in French with Dylan! * Putting on my pajamas and slippers, getting under the covers, and watching Becoming Jane.

Have you got a happy list this Friday? I'd love to hear it. The more happy the better, right? So please do share, and have a wonderful weekend, wherever you may be.
E xo


PS: It's the eleventh day of the eleventh month of the eleventh year. At 11:11 {and 11 seconds} today I am totally making a wish. And I know exactly what it will be.

3 comments:

  1. The golden poppy is California's state flower, so I have a special fondness for it. :) I'd love to see your students' paintings! I'm glad you have a lot to be happy for this week. :) I love seeing Christmasy stuff everywhere. tis the season! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, happy for the long weekend and Sam being home extra! The boys are all off to the Cenotaph soon.
    That holiday mug looks fabulous ... I'm actually heading up for the day to Saskatoon tomorrow with another very preggo friend ... to hit up Starbucks 3 or 4 times and go shopping! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh very jealous of your long weekend. I had a long weekend too but because I had food poisoning, I slept straight through 11/11/11 11:11am :-( How fitting that your swap partner is from the North Pole!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...