Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

E & me {toaster}

Last week on E & me, we were all about the hot beverages {London Fog with extra foam, anyone?} This week, we're keeping it in the kitchen with photos of...

Our toasters! {yep, non-stop excitement over here, I'm telling you}


I like Em's red one {the French, they've always got to be so stylish, haven't they?!} I used to have a red kettle that would have looked fab with it. However, with the amount of toast we consume around here, we definitely have to have a 4-slice toaster {and I've never seen a red one of those}. I got ours a few years ago for Mother's Day, and it has been a life-saver on many a morning since. And hey, our silver toaster is the perfect complement to the compost bucket nearby, non?

Toast is definitely the go-to breakfast in our house on hectic school mornings. Sometimes I manage to scramble up some eggs or chop up some fruit too, but a lot of the time it's toast and Nutella for breakfast, with a cup of tea for me, coffee for Alan, and milk for the boys {remember that giant jug in my fridge?}

I make up for it on the weekends, with waffles and pancakes and omelettes {et des choses comme ça}, I promise.

How about you? Do you have a shiny red toaster?

3 comments:

  1. i'm a toaster oven girl myself. i switched about 10 years ago and never went back. :) of course, i don't have hungry little boys to feed before school. won't it be awesome when they're taller and have better mastery over their fine motor skills? they'll be making YOU breakfast then. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me want to go get a new toaster! I have an old, ugly white plastic one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your toaster looks very technical and fancy but I love Em's funky little red number too! We are a simple, black and stainless steel four slice number in this household - functional not pretty I am afraid.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...