Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Saturday morning daydream {outdoor breakfast}


With the end of summer rapidly approaching, I find myself daydreaming of scenes like this regularly. I imagine simple, yet delicious, food eaten outdoors in the golden light of late summer. A relaxing spot like this one, surrounded by beautiful stonework and a lush green garden. Chairs pulled up so friends can gather around the table. We'd share bread and cheese and fruit, and linger for hours, talking about anything, and everything. Wouldn't you like to join us?

And now for a dose of reality: If you're on the East Coast, stay safe and dry indoors this weekend. Thinking of you as Hurricane Irene makes her presence felt in New York and neighbouring states/provinces. Here's hoping it doesn't end up being half as bad as they're predicting.

7 comments:

  1. That looks like I place I would love to be right now... and cheese and bread doesn't sound bad at all:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh yes cheese and bread sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have lots of wine and board games. I'm kind of excited for it to get *a little* worse. Right now it's just rain, but we canceled all plans anyway. Can you believe NYC shut down the transportation system for the first time ever?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A dinner centered around baguettes, cheese, and grapes sounds IDEAL right about now. Of course, I always yearn the most to be outside with sun right when it's raining and rarely take advantage when there is a sun outside. Darn.

    Hope you're having a good weekend and joying your time before school starts up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like the perfect way to round off the summer doesn't it. I would love to join you if I may!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the book recommendations! I know that I will love them; one of my FAVORITE books is the Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society. I'll check out the others. Enjoy the rest of the weeekend!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in full agreement with this daydream - this summer more than ever feels like it slipped by too fast. We're hoping to fit in one more weekend trip to the lake and soak up the last of what we wait all winter for!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...