Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A bouquet of newly sharpened pencils

image via here

My friend Cassie is back to blogging and I couldn't be happier about it. I've missed her cheerful presence online and am excited to welcome her {and her growing baby bump!} back. Won't you go say hello to her over in her pretty little corner of the internet? Be sure to give her a hug from me!

Now speaking of Cassie, she and I share a love of the film You've Got Mail. One of our favourite lines from the movie is the one where Kathleen writes to Joe... "Don't you just love New York in the fall? It makes me want to buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address..." Last September, Cassie actually sent me that very thing! And today, she sent me the link to this photo. Love it! What a fabulous craft that would be to make, and pretty easy, too. A big tin can, a stack of freshly sharpened pencils, a glue gun... I am so making one for the desk in my kindergarten classroom!

I must confess that despite my complaints about summer soon ending, I really am rather excited about the arrival of fall. How about you? Are you secretly pining for a pumpkin spice latte on a crisp autumn morning? I thought so.

10 comments:

  1. Thank you dear for your kind little welcome back - it is good to be back again!

    When I saw that photo yesterday I knew you would love it and it puts my pathetic little bundle of pencils to shame! I might just have to make one for my office desk too.

    Now if you have been looking at my pinterest (which I know you have ;)) I am desperately willing the arrival of Autumn around here at the moment - I cannot wait for those crunchy leaves, crisp mornings and dusky evenings of sepia tones.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn? Yes, pleeease! It's hot here!
    I love You've Got Mail, but I think you know this already. I'm actually planning a 'bouquet of sharpened pencils' post for September, when schools start.
    Wonderful idea and image!
    xo
    PS. I'm so excited Cassie's back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool blog!!! autumn - one for me please! ;)


    xoxo from rome
    K.
    http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin, I'm so happy you posted about Cassie--I've been wondering about her and how she's doing! I popped over to her blog and absolutely started bawling when I read that post. Have you been BURSTING with the news?!

    Oh my. I'm just so excited that she's back and that she's safely carrying a little daisy. I'm just speechless. :)

    And I'm with you--I love You've Got Mail! It's beyond sweet, and I'd gladly accept a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils any day!

    Totally eager for fall, too. Not school. Just crunchy leaves and apple picking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so conflicted. Fall is one of my favorite seasons, September especially, but I'm not quite ready to be back on the crazy schedule of 10 hour work days and 5:00am wake-up calls that come with the new school year...I'm sure you can relate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the sweetest little story. You've Got Mail is one of my favorites too..the characters, the setting...right down to the music. And I'm so glad to see Cassie back and hear about her news!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erin -- I am with you, dear! You've Got Mail is one of my all-time favorite movies! That line has to be one of my favorites (how did they write such gold?). I know that fall will be wonderful (it always is) but I want to hold onto summer as long as humanely possible! :)

    Such wonderful news about Cassie! Am so glad that she is well and that she is gearing up to be a fabulous mother!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bouquet of pencils? Yes please! My heart skipped a beat when I went down the school supplies aisle of the supermarché the other day... Come on, September!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A bouquet of pencils is such a cute gift for a teacher! I love it. And I am quite excited about fall making its way to me. I love the cooler temps, apple and berry picking, nights in front of a warm fire. I think I need to start making some plans.

    ReplyDelete
  10. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm pumpkin pie Chai! My fav! I am really looking forward to buying hte kids school supplies and stocking my so to be painted office - primer going on today - I think I will be so happy not to be drywalling and mudding and sanding ewwwwwww I hate it - dusty dusty! Soon sooooooon

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...