Pages

Friday, May 06, 2011

Flowers for your Friday {and a dinner party, too!}

 I am a sucker for flowers in a teacup 

Is it Friday again already? You're kidding me! I have no idea where this week went. I spent it running around doing errands, catching up on laundry, working in the garden, lesson-planning, book-buying, letter writing... I made Mexican food for Cinco de Mayo {yum!} and Indian food because I like it, and I maybe took myself to Starbucks more than once. I dropped kids off and picked kids up and attempted to get those kids to really, truly clean their room. I delivered about a million hanging baskets for a preschool fundraiser. I read some really good books {reviews coming soon!}, re-discovered my love for Tumblr and played many a game involving dinosaurs. Oh boy, do I ever know a lot about dinosaurs. Like did you know for instance that the Dromaeosaurus was a theropod who lived in the late Cretaceous period, whereas Stygimoloch was a pachycephalosaur and a herbivore but unlike a lot of other plant eaters, he walked on two legs? Yep. It's true! Because if it's not, Dylan will be all over me, making sure I get it right.

It's been a good week, but now that it's almost over, I'm definitely ready for the weekend. Ready to sleep in past 6, to hang out in my pajamas until I actually feel like getting dressed, and to spend some time with my extended family. Party in the rain at Goldstream Park for my niece's birthday? You know it! Oh, and of course Mother's Day is on Sunday. Maybe my boys will make me breakfast in bed? Shower me with presents? Send me to the spa? We shall see. Whatever they end up doing, I've no doubt I'll be feeling the love! {the spa sounds really good though, doesn't it...?}

Ooh! And just before I go, here's something fun! Today I'm going to be featured on Tiffany's blog, Dancing Branflakes, in her fabulous dinner party series. Go check it out! I can't wait to see what she's cooked up for me. And for all of you, because of course you'd be invited!

Happy Friday, friends. Have you got any exciting plans for the weekend? I want to hear all about them.
E xo

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have an exciting weekend ahead.
    Hope it will be a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know that about dinosaurs... its good to learn new things right :)

    this week has gone by so fast I can't really believe it. Have a great weekend!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're back in the swing of things! Glad to hear :)

    Dinner with family tonight and brunch with family on Sunday for us -- it's a family-filled weekend!

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. first an early HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to one of the most sweetest mums i know. i hope you do get spoiled and i have no doubt you will ;)

    you share a deep love of indian food... we have to add that to our one day list for sure!

    i can't wait to go to the dinner party ;)

    oof it still feels like i'm recovering from NYC so tonight i'm staying in with the husband, making vegetarian sloppy joe's and trying out a soup recipe from the book you gave me ;) and we're going to watch some NBA play-offs!!! "GO DALLAS!" say it with me ;)

    enjoy your weekend!!! <3

    ps. you talking about dylan correcting you about dinosaurs reminds me SO MUCH of max's nephew caleb :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "GO DALLAS!" And now, Micaela, repeat after me... " Go, Canucks!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to have kids so I can learn all those cool dinosaur facts.

    And your party post on Dancing Branflakes was wonderful! Tiffany knows how to host a virtual dinner. Hope your weekend is off to an excellent start!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i just saw your dinner party {i'm catching up on blogs today} and it was so colorful and wonderful. i hope we get to have a real life party together soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...