Good morning and happy Monday! I'm looking forward to a really great week, full of books and reading and learning and fun! Here's what I'm loving about today, and the week ahead:
- I won Megan's giveaway (can't wait for my Paris prints to arrive!)- hooray! Ooh, and I won Nikki's new Finding LOST book, because my photos were so hilarious... (she said it, not me!) Yippeee!!!
- I'm going to my favourite little bookstore downtown on Thursday night for a special teachers' evening (am totally going to spend hundreds and hundreds of someone else's dollars on new books for the library! and I'm going to treat myself to tea at Murchies, too, since it is right next door...)
- Friday is professional day, which means I'm off to a conference about reading and writing for kids in grades K-2 (Dylan's teacher, my good friend Nerine, is coming with me, and we are definitely going for a pumpkin spice latte at the end of the day!)
- Am just about to borrow our newest book club selection, This is Where I Leave You. Am really enjoying being in a book club and finding new books I might not have picked up otherwise... (oh, and I also quite like going out in the evening once a month, drinking wine and chatting with a group of girls!) Am just finishing up The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie and picked up a copy of The House at Riverton (for free!), too. Reading up a storm these days!
- Meal Plan Monday continues to be a huge success and is totally keeping me on track with making healthy, delicious dinners every night of the week. This week's meals include spaghetti and tossed salad, Mexican chicken, spinach & feta pizzas, butternut squash soup (I love my new soup cookbook!), Jamie's red thai curry (I'm doing chicken instead of prawns) with jasmine rice, and everybody's favourite... pancakes! (this is the boys' pick- they think having breakfast for dinner is awesome)
- The Inbetweeners is on tonight. I'll watch it with Alan when I get home from the gym. Will probably laugh our heads off...
- Making lists like this helps me to appreciate all the little (and wonderful) things about my life