Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

Kindergarten kid

London Zoo, August 2010

Dylan started school today. He loved it. He loved his purple name tag, the hilarious story Mrs. Orango read (something about a shark who eats the teacher?!), the dinosaurs he got to play with, the fact that two friends of his are "actually in the same class as me, Mum!" and the joy of looking forward to music class, library time and going to the gym. Monday is far too far away for his liking! (me though, I'm glad for a few days off! it has been a crazy week for me)

Of course I took a million photos of him this morning, on the front steps, getting into the van, and lined up outside the kindergarten door with his big bag of school supplies (and I have to confess, since he's at my school, I even snuck up to the classroom and took a few pictures through the hall window when he wasn't looking!) I was so proud. And all teary-eyed and sad, but excited at the same time. So glad to have got a few great shots.

However. Are you ready for this? I can't find the card reader anywhere. And believe me, I have looked everywhere. It's gone. So I can't upload any of those photos to the computer just now. So. Super. Frustrating.

Anyway, I'm sure it'll turn up soon, or I'll go get a new card reader. But for now just know that he was adorable, the most adorable little boy going off to his first day of school that you've ever seen. And enjoy a few shots of my kindergarten kid back in the summer, before he was "all grown up."

Kid in a candy shop, Covent Garden

3 comments:

  1. The look on Dylan's face in that last photo is priceless. I'm so glad all went well on his first day of school! I miss those days when you actually looked forward to Monday morning. Can't wait to see those photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, congrats Dylan! I'm glad he had such a great experience on his first day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can drop off my card reader for you to borrow if you still can't find yours....
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...