Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

12 on the 12th {July}

I can't believe it's the 12th of the month again already! The last half of June was crazy busy, as I was finishing up work and winding down the school and preschool year, but now it's summer vacation (aaaah...) and we've been enjoying a slower pace of life. As you know, we've had really hot weather this past week, but last night the clouds rolled in and the wind blew wildly, cooling everything down. We had plans to go to the waterpark this morning, but we woke up to drizzly grey skies. I debated just staying home, but in the end we decided to meet up with our friends on the other side of the park (the one without the water) instead. I'm glad we did, because the sun came out again soon after we arrived, and the boys had great fun playing with the other kids.

Our 12 on the 12th collage contains many photos from the park, and a few other scenes from my day so far, as you can see below.


From left to right, across the rows: my second cup of tea this morning (and some fresh cut flowers) on the kitchen table, Dylan in the dappled sunlight, Sawyer's little croc-clad feet, Dylan leaps off the climbing frame, little boy laundry hanging on the line, Dylan's countdown to England chart (25 days to go!), Sawyer knows no fear and just keeps climbing higher, Dylan practicing for the summer olympics, a cheerful pink poppy in our garden, Sawyer kicks back and relaxes in his car seat (sporting Mummy's spare sunglasses), coming backwards down the slide, green leaves and blue sky.

There you have it. Sort of sums up our day perfectly. I love the collage function on Picasa! You can click on the collage above to see it in great detail, too, and if you'd like to see the original collages on the beautiful blog Narrating Life where I was first inspired, click on the link and scroll back through the months...

Do you do a 12 on the 12th? I'd love to see it if you do. Leave me a link in the comments and I'll be sure to pop by for a visit. In the meantime, I'm off to bring in that laundry so I can hang out another load!

Happy Monday, my dears! Hope it's been a wonderful start to the week.

1 comment:

  1. Love the overall blue tone of all these pictures - the perfect summer sky!

    My 12 on the 12th will have to be published on the 13th I fear!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...