Today's Fill in the Blank Friday is all about school! With less than two weeks till summer vacation, it's fun to reminisce about the good old days... Didn't you loooove the last day of school?
1. The best thing about being in school was being with my friends every day.
2. The worst thing about being in school was gym class. And wishing I were as pretty/stylish/popular as some of the other girls. School wasn't really a time in my life when my self-esteem was particularly high.
3. My favourite subject was English lit. I particularly loved Oscar Wilde and Jane Austen.
4. One subject I wish I could have mastered was French. I studied a lot of French. I was in the honours class. I went to Quebec for two months to be immersed in it. And I'm still not fluent.
5. I could never get tired of studying literature. There will never be too many good books to read and discuss. More than anything, I love children's literature.
6. My most memorable teacher was Mr Bowen, my 9th-grade English teacher. He always wore a three piece suit. He carried a pocket watch. He walked the halls in a jaunty way, with his hands linked behind his back. He smelled of whiskey and cigars. He had a raging temper. He thought I was some sort of English genius (lucky for me, because it meant I was never the kid who caused him to fly into a rage!) And he was absolutely passionate about literature. He was awesome.
7. If I could choose between going to school for the rest of my life or going to work I would choose... Well, as it turns out, I'm doing both, because I'm a teacher! I would love to take some more classes, and maybe get my Masters' degree one day, but for now just going to elementary school three days a week (and looking after my two little guys the rest of the time) is about all I can handle.
Play along at Lauren's blog, The Little Things We Do. It's loads of fun!