Pages

Monday, April 05, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!

I'm 36 today. 36. Wow. That sounds old, doesn't it? I'm not going to let it bug me though, because I don't actually feel old. I feel like a kid. A kid who woke up this morning thinking, "Wheee! It's my birthday!" and grinned from ear to ear.


Alan and the boys let me sleep until 8 (bliss!) and then serenaded me with the "Happy Birthday" song. I came downstairs to discover fresh flowers, lots of lovely presents, a pot of tea and a plate of chocolate croissants, cinnamon scones and strawberries. Yum! I opened cards and gifts and parcels (with my two little helpers eager to be paper-rippers), enjoyed my breakfast, and had great fun watching Peppa Pig, all cuddled up with the boys on the couch (and yes, the episode we watched was Mummy Pig's Birthday!) Now it's 9:30 and I'm reading birthday emails and working on my second cup of tea. Aaaah... Aren't I lucky that today is Easter Monday and therefore a holiday? Normally I'd be at work right now, teaching grade 6 Science! (I think "Birthday Monday" has a nice ring to it, don't you? maybe I can work something out so I can have it again next year?)

Plans for today include a birthday phone date with Em (you know, since I can't actually be with her in Paris today- pauvre moi!), reading a good book and drinking a glass of white zinfandel during the boys' naptime, and going for a birthday walk around the lake (with a wander round to Starbucks too, I think!) I'm looking forward to all of it, and dinner & cake with my parents tonight. A very happy birthday, indeed.

For now, back to my tea! I want to take things slow and savour the day. After all, you only turn 36 once, right?

photos via my sweet friend Kim (aren't they fantastic?)

12 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to you:) Sounds like you have a wonderful day all planned out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my goodness, it sounds like you are taking full advantage of your birthday monday...good for you. Perhaps two glasses of white zinfandel are in order...non?
    HAPPY 36TH BIRTHDAY ERIN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you sweet Erin. What a lovely way to spend your day, enjoy every single second of it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, Erin! Sounds like you have a fabulous day planned - I hope every minute of it is great. So glad to share a birthday with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy, happy, happy birthday to you,. Erin!

    Love of love from all of us who know you in blogland!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. the HAPPIEST of birthdays to you, pretty birthday girl!

    What a lovely birthday morning, and i can only imagine it was the same throughout the day! You Pugh's really know how to celebrate ;) i love it!

    i hope you made a wish when you blew out your candles- i believe with my whole heart those wishes come true.

    i love and adore you! Happy Birthday dearest friend.

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Erin! So glad you are having a wonderful day, you deserve it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds amazing! I'm so happy for you having a whole day off on your birthday, and for those boys of yours letting you sleep in... true love! :D

    A Very Merry Birthday To You!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here from Micaela's blog!
    Have a happy happy HAPPY birthday!!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday, Erin! I have to tell you, I'm turning 30 this year and in many ways, I still feel like I'm just 22. I'm so glad you have an awesome birthday day planned. I wish I could send you a cake, but I don't think it'd make it through customs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dropped in from Micaela's blog ..hope you've had the happiest birthday today and hope there are many more happy ones to come ..
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you had a wonderful birthday Erin! 36 isn't old at all! :)

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...