Pages

Saturday, March 06, 2010

The things they say


"Mum," Dylan said to me last weekend. "Don't you think Saturday is a Starbucksy sort of a day?"

"Absolutely I do," I replied. "Let's go."

It doesn't take much to convince me, does it?

No time for hot drinks at our favourite coffee shop today though. We were busy celebrating Dylan's upcoming 5th birthday with a fabulous party at Swan Lake. Listening to the naturalist talk and examining all sorts of bird related stuff (feet, feathers, nests), dissecting owl pellets (no joke!), walking to the lake, feeding the ducks, and eating cupcakes that looked like little birds' nests (complete with mini-eggs in the middle) were all items on the agenda. It was marvellous. Photos tomorrow. Right now I'm kicking back on the couch with a mug of hot tea, and a bit of the BBC. A slow Saturday night, but just exactly what I could use right now.

Good-night!

image via here

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like so much fun was had by all and many magical memories made for Dylan.

    Sure you deserve a rest, a sit down and time catch your breath.

    Looking forward to photo follow-up.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful day and exciting party. Especially the cupcakes, we were thinking about you guys yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like my kind of birthday! Can't wait to see pictures, Erin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every day seriously should be a Starbucks day...what an adorable (and brilliant) moment! :)

    And...I've totally dissected owl pellets. Disgusting, but true. :)

    Happy Birthday, Dylan!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...