Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Snowy, fresh cut, dirt



Spring is my favourite season, especially in our garden. Everything is blooming, the grass is lush and green, the birds are singing and the air smells fresh and fragrant. It feels so good to be outside. We spent a lot of time out there this weekend, Alan especially, and it shows. Doesn't our front yard look lovely? We found a few good deals at the garden centre yesterday too, and we now have a new cherry tree, a willow and a red currant bush to add to the beauty of it all. They look great at the end of each of our two driveways. {Brace yourself for lots of garden photos in the weeks to come!} And so, how about a garden-themed Monday morning 3BT?
1. Cherry blossom "snow" swirling through the air.

2. Fresh cut daffodils on the kitchen table. Fresh cut grass on the lawn. They both smell beautiful.

3. Watching the boys dig in the dirt. Dylan says to me, "I am going to dig the biggest hole that has ever been dug ever. I am going to dig to infinity!"
Have you got a Monday morning 3BT? I'd love to hear it.

2 comments:

  1. Your garden is absolutely beautiful. I'm really looking forward to having a home and a little piece of green to grow things on someday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - your garden looks beautiful. Those cherry trees bring back many childhood memories as my Mum has a huge tree in the middle of the garden and I loved the 'snow' growing up!

    I love buying extra trees too, I think they hold so much promise because you are planting a legacy not just a flower - that tree will remain in your garden for years and years to come.

    And digging holes is just plain old fabulous fun!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...