Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2010

A wonderful weekend

{warning! long winded post with lots of photos ahead!}
We had a really great weekend. We started out at Starbucks on Friday evening, enjoying hot chocolate and cupcakes and an evening out together. Then I was off to the gym for a fabulous run (dare I say I'm getting better with every practice?) Saturday morning dawned sunny and beautiful and we were off to the park for several hours of fresh air and fun.


Peek-a-boo!
Dylan is very proud of how high he's able to swing, without anyone pushing him. (have I ever told you how he says "abley" instead of able? I love it)

Kings of the castle!


After all that fresh air, the boys had a nap. I came downstairs after reading them some stories and stretched out on the couch. My intention was to lay there for a couple of minutes, and then to get up and do some laundry. But the sun was warm coming through the window, the couch was comfy and next thing I knew, I was waking up from a two hour nap! Aaah... What a treat! After that, we constructed an impressive Marbleworks extravaganza. Cool, huh?

Then we all headed out into the afternoon sun (it was so warm! no coats necessary!) to ride bikes. We went to the nearby soccer stadium, where the boys all climbed to the top seats to get their picture taken. Aren't they the cutest?

Sawyer is happiest when riding downhill. So much easier than going up!

Dylan loves to ride anywhere, anytime. And wow, is he ever getting fast!


Today we went out for breakfast (I took the camera, but all my photos turned out blurry...) and indulged in all sorts of yumminess. Pancakes, bacon, eggs, sausages, toast with a variety of jams. It was great. Then we did our weekly grocery shopping trip. After that, Dylan and I headed off to a birthday party. Sawyer and Alan hit the pool. And then we all met up at Tim Horton's!


Check out the doughnut selection! Mmmm...

Sawyer is all about the sprinkles.

Dylan and I chose the Canada doughnut. Look at all the little maple leafs!


So there you go... a wonderful weekend all around. Lots of family time, a healthy dose of exercise and time spent outdoors, delicious food, fun, and a bit of patriotism to boot!

{Just don't mention tonight's US vs Canada hockey game to me, please. I don't want to talk about it.}


How was your weekend? I want to hear all about it.
E xo

4 comments:

  1. I love love love the "peek-a-boo" photo... and the patriotic doughnut! Swoon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it looks like you all had SO much fun! I want to go swing! :) And I LOVED your email! I went to the Lost blog you mentioned and spent way too much time there, so I haven't had a chance to write you back, but I probably will tonight. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe how much more Sawyer looks like Dylan each day!

    Nothing better than a weekend in the fresh air too

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. your boys are JUST DARLING!!! i think i'm going to start saying "abley" now :)

    those donuts are making my tummy rumble ;)

    ADORABLE boys. adorable.

    ps. i wont mention the hockey upset but MY WHAT A GAME!!! and as a big sports fan and American... ok ok i won't mention it ;)

    you know i love you so i can say that! haha

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...