Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Fresh air

After being trapped indoors with two sickly children for too many days in a row, it was time to bundle them up and go for a walk in the fresh air yesterday afternoon. I figured a nice breeze would do them both some good. So we headed out and down the road to the lake.

Isn't it pretty?

We crossed the bridge (we like to pretend we're the billy goats gruff, of course...)

and headed into the woods and around the shore. Please notice the large roots sticking out of the ground. Slippery. Dangerous. But my boys are brave souls and have no fear.

They are far too busy with their "fishing rods" and cameras to take note of roots that might get in the way of their woodland tromp.

Look at Sawyer's warm, clean hat.

And here it is after he slipped on one of the aforementioned roots and landed, head-first, in the mud at the edge of the lake. He cried for all of 10 seconds while I scooped him up and cuddled him, and then he was up and on his way again. Somehow, the mud managed to get under the hat and my little blond boy had dark brown hair all of a sudden. Needless to say we headed home for a soak in the tub pretty much right then and there. So, did the fresh air do us good? I guess so. But it did lead to more laundry. Once again, am feeling very thankful for my lovely new washing machine!

We're home again from work and school today, and it appears that everyone is finally on the mend (though still rather whiny and emotional... me included!) Fingers crossed that today's nap is good and long... I think I'll go lie down myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...