Pages

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Santa Claus comes tonight!

It's Christmas Eve afternoon. The presents are wrapped, the cookies are baked, the house is twinkling with lights and the smiles of two very excited little boys. We have had a few wonderful days spent with Emily and Francois, and I have taken loads of photos of our visit with them, our trips to Starbucks for hot chocolate, our evening at the outdoor nativity pageant and some touring of the town's best Christmas lights. But in all the madness, I've had no time to post a single picture! Boxing Day, I promise...

I am now busy chopping veggies and making my famous (!) cheese ball in preparation for a little get-together with some family tonight. There will be singing and dancing and eating and drinking and the hanging of stockings. The boys will put out milk and cookies (brought from France!) for Santa and go to bed giddy with excitement! Oh, how I love the thrill and anticipation of it all. There is nothing quite like the delight of Christmas Eve.

Well, I'd better get back to the party prep. When I'm done, we'll be heading outside to spread the magic reindeer feed around the garden and take a walk in the brisk December air! I hope that however (and wherever) you are spending your Christmas eve, it's magical and full of so much fun.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night! I hope your Christmas finds you full of joy, and surrounded by the ones you love. Happy Holidays, my dears! xo

image via here

3 comments:

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...