Pages

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

September is here!

image via here

Fall is on its way! Hooray! Now, I love summer, don't get me wrong. I am a girl who loves her flip-flops and sunglasses and tall, cold glasses of iced tea. I love to have time off to relax and make plans and have fun. This has been a long, lovely, exciting summer. Part of me wishes it just could go on and on. But... I have to admit that I am really very happy that September has arrived. September means a return to routines and rituals. It means new school supplies (I love a newly sharpened pencil, don't you?) and maybe a few new outfits to wear. There are old friends to reunite and share your summer stories with (I can't wait to tell everyone at school that I jetted off to France!) and morning latte runs to Starbucks on the way to work. I love September's crisp, cool mornings, and its warm, sunny afternoons. I love watching the leaves start to change colour on the trees. I love making soup and chili and baking cookies. I love sitting on the couch in the evenings with Alan, a big mug of tea and a good tv show that isn't a re-run. I love being challenged again to think about ways to make learning fun for kids. And I love to pretty up my library with apples and autumn leaves and beautiful bulletin boards. I love having a fresh start. And so I say, Welcome September! It's good to have you back.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more!

    Summer is wonderful, but I absolutely love being able to bundle up in jeans, a sweatshirt and a scarf and buzz around town without breaking a sweat. I always feel like I sleep so much better in fall, too.

    And yes...I love a newly sharpened pencil, too! :)

    Happy back-to-school to you!!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...