Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Crazy, crazy hot

We are in the middle of one serious heat wave. For days now, it has been really rather hot. But today, we must have broken some records. The temperature this afternoon in our front yard hit 37 degrees celsius. Totally crazy, oppressive heat. It reminds me of Florida, or Toronto. You walk outside and it hits you like a wall. We are all hot, tired, sticky, sweaty, cranky and so not in the mood to do anything but eat popsicles. Oh, and maybe cool off at the water park...





It's 9:45 pm now, and it's "cooled down" to 30 degrees. Ugh. Think I'm going to go soak my feet in a bucket of cold water. But first I'm going to check the freezer and see if there are any popsicles left!

What's it like where you are?
E

1 comment:

  1. Oh, lovely! When I worked in London, I used to walk past a square off the King's Road, and on hot days, all the mothers would be gathered on the benches, while their children in various stages of undress ran in and out of the fountains.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...