Pages

Thursday, July 09, 2009

Book of the Week

We got Nick Sharratt's The Three Little Pigs and other stories out of the library again yesterday. For about the hundredth time. Whenever Dylan spots it, he puts it in our book bag to bring home. I don't even mind, because it is so fantastic. I love Sharratt's illustrations and these re-tellings of three classic fairy tales are some of the best I've read for little kids. They're funny, fast-paced and they rhyme. You can't go wrong with that!
"Oh please let me cross," said the middle sized goat,
But the troll only snapped, "What's your hurry?
With some herbs and some spices and served up with rice,
You would make a delicious goat curry!"
Bon appetit,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...