Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Book of the Week


Today was my day to be the "mummy helper" at the preschool. Dylan's teacher, Chris, read a really great story at circle time. It was called Hairy Maclary and Zachary Quack (isn't that title fantastic?) We loved it. It was really funny, had great illustrations and was full of wonderfully descriptive words. I loved how the little duck was so determined to befriend Hairy the dog, and how Hairy was having none of it! As it turns out, there is an entire Hairy Maclary series of books, written by New Zealand author, Lynley Dodd, none of which I have ever actually read (scandalous! and I call myself a children's librarian)... Excellent. We are so going to the library tomorrow to stock up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...