Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Three beautiful things

I've found this great blog www.threebeautifulthings.blogspot.com (thanks, Em) that lists three beautiful things each day, things that have made the writer feel good or happy or content or have just made her think. I really like reading it. I think it's a great idea. It's something I want to start doing, sometimes on this blog, sometimes in my journal, on a scrap of paper, whatever... I'm going to take a few minutes every day to stop and reflect about the good and beautiful things in my life, even when I feel like I haven't got the time to do it, which will likely be most of the time! No excuses though. I think the payoff will be great.

So, here goes:

1. I was sitting at my desk at work this morning, organizing my lessons for after spring break (am so organized!), when Kelly popped in for a few minutes. Dylan was at preschool but Sawyer was with her. So I got to have a middle of the day cuddle with my baby, and it was great. Amidst the kisses and hugs, I heard all about the trucks he saw this morning. "Blue truck, blue truck, red truck, more truck..." I love him. I love kissing his smooth, lovely cheeks. I love listening to him babble away, his vocabulary growing in leaps and bounds every single day. It was the best 10 minutes of my day so far.

2. It is a beautiful sunny day today. It's getting warmer. The snow is melting and the crocuses are peeking out all over the front lawn. Spring must be soon. I am so ready for it.

3. Finn M'Coul. Love it. Hilarious story of a clever Irish giant and his even cleverer (!) wife and how they outsmart the mean old giant Cucullin. Am reading it to my Grade 1s this afternoon, in honour of St. Patrick's Day coming up. I remember our school librarian reading it to us, 25 or so years ago! It's a tradition I like to carry on. I am all about traditions. I'm going to bring it home and read it to Dylan on the 17th. I think he'll get a kick out of it.

It's a start. More tomorrow!
E

1 comment:

  1. This is a lovely post! And I agree that "Three Beautiful Things" is an amazing blog. I should follow suit, non?

    Thanks for sharing your three things.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...