Pages

Monday, March 30, 2009

Springtime






"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt." ~ Margaret Atwood


And smell like dirt, we did! Alan and the boys dug merrily away yesterday afternoon while I followed them around the garden, taking pictures. We (and when I say we, I mostly mean Alan) pulled weeds, dug up and transplanted flowers, looked at the worms and listened to the birds singing in the trees. It was wonderful. I am thrilled that our cherry trees are finally beginning to bloom, along with many crocuses, daffodils and other assorted beauties. The discovery of each new bud and blossom is a thing of delight. This has been the longest, most wintery of winters, and we are all ready for it to be over. So, fingers crossed that it really is a thing of the past, and that April will be a huge improvement over March! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...