Wednesday, June 27, 2007
Desperate times call for desperate measures...
40 1/2 weeks is a bloody long time! Longer than I've ever been pregnant... and I'm not done yet. Soon, I hope.
Here's a list of the things I've done to try and get this baby out (and not under the knife!):
- hired a doula (aren't I v. new-age?)... well actually, hired two doulas! there's strength in numbers
- sat on a big purple exercise ball for hours at a time when really, all I wanted to do was recline on the couch
- taken black cohosh, blue cohosh, arnica, and evening primrose oil pills (all flavourless, so not a big deal)
- taken an absolutely revolting "tincture" (what does that even mean?) aka "witch's brew" to soften my cervix (hey, it worked! don't laugh!)
- drunk far too many gallons of disgusting red raspberry leaf tea (I've said it before and I'll say it again... it tastes vaguely of compost)
- bathed in a bathtub full of lavender leaves (not so fun to clean up) and essential oils until I was all pruny and greased up!
- drunk lavender lemonade and ate lavender scones (probably my favourite of all the things I've tried!)
- smeared castor oil all over my belly
- walked a million miles even though the Braxton-Hicks were ready to knock the wind out of me...
All that, and still nothing. Now I'm going to go scrub the kitchen floor on my hands and knees. It worked in the 50s, right?
Wish me luck,
PS: A few more photos of our lovely boy, soon to be a big brother!