Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Welcome to the world, Isabel!


It's official! Dylan has yet another cousin. My brother's wife Linda gave birth to a baby girl, Isabel Mary Byrne, last night at 11:11 pm. She weighed in at a whopping 9 lbs, 13 oz! Dylan and I went up to the hospital this morning to meet her (and to give Dylan a sneak peek at the Mother-Babe wing of VGH) He wasn't sure what to make of her, but he did say "Hi baby" and gave her a little pat on the foot while I gave her a cuddle. He liked her pink hat and was quite pleased when she opened her eyes for a moment to take a look at him. He was quite perplexed, however, when my mom asked him if he thought Isabel looked like Uncle Luke. He pondered it for a bit, but you could tell he was thinking, "You're crazy. How could that little baby look like my BIG Uncle Luke?!" Dylan took a walk around with Grandma, and was most impressed with the crushed ice machine. He got to press the buttons to make Auntie Linda a drink of water with lots of ice. Now he's really looking forward to getting cold drinks for Mummy when she's in the "hopital getting the baby out!"

It was a happy way to start the weekend. I'm starting to get excited about the arrival of our wee one now... 6 or so weeks to go!

E

1 comment:

  1. Please pass on my 'Congratulations'! What a beautiful little girl and I love the name too.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...