Pages

Monday, May 28, 2007

Girls' Weekend in Vancouver






In a last-ditch attempt to do something carefree, relaxing, and completely free of children, I went to Vancouver for the weekend to hang out with my old friends, Jo and Em. I had a great time.

On Saturday, we went shopping in Kits (and let me just say, the staff at Restoration Hardware couldn't have been nicer to this very pregnant girl- they let me sit in their expensive display chair, brought me cold drinks and even offered to set up a fan to make me more comfortable!), met up with Dick for lunch at Calhoun's, perused the Harry Potter display at Kidsbooks, rented a girlie movie and stayed up way too late. By the end of the day, my feet were killing me, so I had to give them a good long soak in a relaxing "foot bath" (created for me by Emily) which really helped. Reminds me, I need to make an appointment for a pedicure next week!

Sunday we slept in (8:40am for me! it's a miracle!), then went out for brunch at Central on Denman St. They were super-nice to the pregnant girl there, too! I got a complimentary orange juice to "boost my blood sugar" while we waited for our table, and I was congratulated on my impending arrival by total strangers. Vancouver is all about treating those of us with massive bellies like we are royalty. It was delightful.

After brunch we headed down to the beach at English Bay (right over the road from the girls' apartment) to eat our mini-cupcakes, take cheesy photos of me being used as a table for the aforementioned cupcakes, chat and enjoy the view.

I got home last night around 7:30, just in time to read Dylan a story (I'm a Big Brother) and tuck him into bed. Now it's back to reality. The laundry awaits!

27 days till baby's due. What's your prediction? Date, time, boy or girl, weight... Email me and let me know! I'm going to start a tally.

More soon,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...