Pages

Monday, October 01, 2012

Scenes from the weekend

The sun shone on us all weekend. We were outside a lot, and very little housework got done. Sometimes that's just the way it has to be! The boys gave away apples for Scouts Canada's Apple Day on Saturday morning and were very excited when my mom and dad turned up to support them in their first Beaver fundraiser {how cute are they in those uniforms?} In the afternoon, Alan and I took them to the Blackberry Tea at St Mary's Church hall. I wish my grandpa could have been with us. Blackberry pie was his favourite, and the tea was a tradition we enjoyed together for many years. From now on, I'll go in his memory, and my grandma's, too. I think they'd like that.





Sunday was the Run for the Cure, and it was perfect. What an absolutely gorgeous morning to get all decked out in pink and raise a hell of a lot of money {half a million dollars at the Victoria run alone!} for a very worthy cause. The best part was the text I got from Em as I was waiting at the start line. Even if it meant I started the run in tears... We had fun, and enjoyed the crowds and the music, and the overwhelming sea of pink! I was proud of myself, and it felt so good to see my mom, Alan and the boys cheering for me as I crossed the finish line.





It was the last weekend in September and you could tell. The leaves are beautiful and there are pumpkins everywhere! Fall is here, and I'm so glad. It's my favourite.




Happy First of October, friends. Here's hoping it's a glorious month, full of all good things.

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful Fall photos! Congratulations on your successful run for the cure!

    And I love the idea of going to the tea event in memory of your grandfather. What a beautiful way to have his memory live on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boys in their Beaver uniforms? Beyond cute. Blackberry tea in honour of your grandpa? Beyond touching. Running for the Cure? For me? Beyond beautiful. XOXOXO...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great weekend! Congratulations on another Run for the Cure! My eyes started watering up knowing you run for Em and all the money that was raised for such a worthy cause. Love all the photos, esp the boys in their uniforms ;) So adorable! Happy First of October! I love this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this month, too, Marianne! It's especially great this year because Em will be here next week!
      Happy October to you. xo

      Delete
  4. Awesome! I'm so proud of you for running for the cure. The boys look adorable in their uniforms. I'm making muffins. Wish you could come over, so we could drink tea, talk and eat some goodies... Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm, muffins! Wish I could, too! Hope your week is wonderful.

      Delete
  5. Your boys are so cute in their scouts uniforms. I'm so glad you had a great run yesterday -- you are absolutely incredible for participating in something that important and in honor of a friend. I hope your Monday was positively lovely! It's almost Thursday, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on another successful run Erin! It is very impressive! Sorry I couldn't chat on Sat, babysitter was receiving instructions and we were running Kate! Chat this weekend with any luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fall is so wonderful. Glad your run was a success - in many ways!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...