Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

Fill in the blank Friday {travel edition}


Here's something I haven't done in a while... a Fill in the Blank Friday! The theme this week is travel, so of course I couldn't resist.

* * *

1. My favourite place I've ever travelled to is London. I adore it. The art, the culture, the architecture, the shopping, the tea...

2. Annecy, in the French Alps, is somewhere I'd like to go someday soon. I miss Em.

3. I pass the time on a plane by reading books and writing in my journal. On a train or bus though, I absolutely cannot read or else I'll get violently motion sick. So instead I listen to music and watch the scenery going by.

4. My three must-haves when I travel are a good book, a pen and paper, and a drink.

5. My favourite travel companion is ... sort of dependent on the trip. Alan is an excellent travel companion in the UK. He always knows where he's going and can navigate pretty much any train station with ease. My mom and my sister are great to travel with, too. We always have fun together and laugh a lot {NYC, here we come!}

6. The craziest thing that ever happened to me while travelling is meeting my future-husband during the total solar eclipse. The sky went as dark as midnight at 11 o'clock in the morning. Très romantic, non?

7. The most exotic food I've ever tried while travelling is barbequed bison {in Northern Manitoba}.

8. If I could live anywhere else I'd live in London. There is still so much there that I have yet to see and do. And it would be fabulous to be able to take the kids to every single park and museum, too.

9. I have been to 5 US states {Washington, New York, Michigan, Minnesota, Florida} and 8 Canadian provinces {all of them except for New Brunswick and Saskatchewan}.

How about you? Want to play along? Link up over on the little things we do, and leave me a message in the comments so I can read your travel stories, too.

Happy Weekend, friends! Come back tomorrow and join me in my Saturday morning daydreaming, won't you?

image via here

1 comment:

  1. You're 3 must haves are the same as me. I always need a book and a journal. A drink is always good too :) I can't read on the bus or in the car. I feel so nauseous but I can read on a train which is strange. x

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...