Pages

Monday, August 08, 2011

Much Love Monday {summer fun}


I'm back from my little break, and I have to say... it was fabulous! I had the most wonderful time with Monica {my friend of 14 years} and our camping trip was so much fun. I feel relaxed and rejuvenated and I am so glad that there are still 4 weeks left of summer vacation. I plan to fill them with all sorts of adventures.

I have yet to sort through the hundred or so photos I've taken since last Tuesday, so no Scenes from the Weekend today, I'm afraid. Instead, let's bring back Much Love Monday, shall we? I'm loving all sorts of stuff this week. Are you ready? Here goes!
  • The weather. It's been fabulous. Hot and sunny every day. It finally feels like summer!
  • Sleeping in. I hardly ever get to do it, but when I do, it's oh-so-good.
  • So many sunflowers in our garden. I can see them from my kitchen window.
  • The Help comes out this week! If the movie is even half as good as the book, it will be great.
  • My week is full of fun plans. I'm doing something with a different friend every single day this week!
  • I'm meeting a blogging friend tomorrow for the first time. Can't wait to visit over lattes, Cass!
  • Alan and I are celebrating our 9th wedding anniversary this week. Pretty impressive, no? {I'm already planning how we should spend our tenth... I think a trip of some sort is in order, and a fancy hotel too, don't you?}
  • Watching my kids splash and play in the swimming pool. I am definitely signing them up for lessons this fall. They are so happy when they're in the water.
  • Bethany's I Believe in Mondays series. It's almost as awesome as she is.
  • Skype. Love it. 
  • Corn-on-the-cob. I could eat it every day.
  • I went for a run last night, my first in a very long time. I felt so good when I got home. I'm going again on Wednesday {my next free evening}. 3x a week is my goal.
  • I'm seriously considering becoming a vegetarian. When I mentioned it on Twitter, Kim sent me the greatest email all about why she thinks it's a good idea. I love the blogosphere, and all the supportive people out there.
  • Just started The Poisonwood Bible. Wow.
  • My new desk. It is a beauty, and it's not even completely finished yet. {photos to come, very soon!}
  • Ice cream cones. 'Tis the season!
How about you? What are you loving this sunny Monday? Link up on Much Love Anna to play along.

5 comments:

  1. SO much to respond to here!

    1. I'm happy you're back. I missed you during your blogging break!! :)

    2. The Help. OH MY. I am beyond jazzed for it. I downloaded the book last night and want to buzz through it before I see the movie. But I can't imagine Emma Stone will do that film wrong. She's such a doll!

    3. Happy almost 9th anniversary! Wowsers. Next year is #10...and you should throw yourself a party. :)

    4. Aww...thanks! :) Sometimes I just need a little inspiration to get my week started...this seems to be working. :)

    5. Do the vegetarian thing! Just try it for a week. A life-long meat eating friend of mine did and said he loved it, like he never thought he would. I have no ethical problem with meat eating...just don't love the taste a ton. But its amazing how easy it is to adapt.

    6. Skype. Yes. LOVE. Skypin' with my honey tonight! Yay! :)

    Whew. Sorry. That was lengthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally support your vegetarian tendencies. I've more or less become one myself (right now, I'm saving meat for special occasions, but I haven't remotely been tempted yet). I'm so glad you took time to relax this weekend; with school starting soon, you definitely deserve it. And this whole list just kinda makes me want to do a happy dance for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am super stoked by everything on your list and my curiosity is piqued with this new desk of yours. I happen to have a weakness for beautiful desks. Also, wanted to thank you for introducing me to Bethany with your Paris post from last week. I adore her blog and can't believe I haven't been following it already! She's a doll. Oh and The Help? Best book I've read in a long time. Emma Stone rocks my socks, so I'm hoping for a killer film, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes tomorrow, really looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so much to love!!! I am excited to see The Help, too, but I haven't read the book... wanted to pick it up at Borders the other day but I couldn't find it! (I'm guessing all the copies were bought out in the going out of business sale)

    oh, and happy almost 9th wedding anniversary! so exciting! I hope you do something extra fabulous and that there's lots of sweets involved :)

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...