Pages

Friday, December 03, 2010

Flowers for your Friday


Hi there! Just a quick note as it's almost 10 o'clock. I've just got home from a bit of Christmas shopping and 45 minutes on the elliptical (had the entire gym to myself tonight... weird) and I think I'm going to soak in the tub for a bit before climbing into bed. It was an exciting day at school~ Pajama Day! All the students (and most of the teachers) wore their jammies and slippers... it was so much fun! Combine that with our make-your-advent advent calendar project and the glittery, tinsel-clad paper angels I decided we had to make for the front bulletin boards and it was all a bit too exciting for some of them to handle. Whew! I'm exhausted!

Looking forward to accomplishing a lot this weekend. We're mudding and sanding the living and dining room walls and ceiling (in prep for the painting to begin later in the week), I've got Christmas shopping to finish up (and then, let the wrapping begin!) and tomorrow night we're super-excited to be going to the Langford Christmas Light-Up and Craft Market and to watch the big trucks parade (80 tractor-trailer trucks all lit up and travelling in a twinkly convoy through town... awesome!)

What are you up to this weekend? Will there be candy canes?

8 comments:

  1. Holy busyness woman! You deserve that soak in the tub.

    My weekend is going to be full to the brim with crafting + cookies...if I can dig myself out, and get to the store! It's snowing like wild here!

    Does this mean we're much, much closer to seeing the big living room? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful, Erin!

    Exciting things here, too. Mac's
    5th birthday and a Star Wars skating party with 12 kids skating plus their wee siblings and parents hanging about, to celebrate. Then Sechelt's 1st Christmas Parade, and a lit one at that! Imagine for almost 6 years we have lived somewhere that doesn't have a Santa Parade, and imagine, for Mac, it falls on his birthday. How absolutely perfect!

    So happy (as Lucy would say)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have an even busier weekend ahead!
    My weekend is going to be spent doing a bit of Christmas shopping, getting sweaters ready for an ugly Christmas Sweater party we are attending next weekend and maybe baking a few Christmas cookies!
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so wish I had been there for Pajama Day -- I would have loved to participate in that advent calendar making too. And you have so much going on this weekend! Good luck with it all and have fun. I'm not sure if there are candy canes in my future but there will definitely be a bit of relaxation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You days/weeks seem super crazy at the minute - hope you got that time to just relax in the bath!

    Nothing beats a day Christmas crafting with little ones though, I used to come away from school looking like a glittered ornament myself! I must admit the one thing I really miss about not teaching is the run up to Christmas.

    Hope to catch up over the weekend though busy lady. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your weekend sounds like a good-busy kind of weekend! You had me at the relaxing bath part - always a great way to unwind at the end of a day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hope you had a wonderful whimsical weekend! i love a productive weekend. thanks for all the pretty eye candy on this blog. your taste is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Truck parade thats what i miss the most! So how was it? Langford light up sounds great! We are crafting and relaxing this weekend. Sledding too! take care talk to you soon skype should be in the next week! Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...