Lovely Britta of the gorgeous French blog, My Black Book, tagged me with an award last week and somehow, the week got away from me. Sorry it took me so long, Brit! Here goes:
1. I am crazy emotional. I cry at books and movies and tv commercials (those long-distance ones kill me!) When my friend Shannon and I went to see The Notebook, she had to whisper loudly (more than once) at me to "Calm down and breathe!"
2. When I was a kid, I truly believed there was no way Narnia wasn't real. I didn't see how C.S. Lewis could have made all that up. So I wrote him a letter to ask him how I could get to Narnia, too. I never mailed it, but if I had, I'd probably be sitting on the throne at Cair Paravel by now...
3. If I weren't a teacher, and money weren't an object, I'd love to open a children's bookstore, just like The Shop Around the Corner in You've Got Mail. There would be a story corner and twinkle lights and displays of all my favourite books. And I would sell tea and cupcakes, too.
image via here
4. I am quite a girly girl. I love girly movies like You've Got Mail and Sleepless in Seattle, and girly books like Bridget Jones' Diary. I love getting together with girlfriends to drink tea and paint our toenails and watch Jane Austen films. You see what I'm saying...
5. I never get enough sleep, ever. I stay up too late almost every night, even though I know the boys will wake me up at some ungodly hour the next morning. I can't help myself. There's always a good book to read or a quick letter to write to a friend (or one more episode of LOST to watch!) before I turn out the lights.
6. I had a fantastic childhood. We camped all summer, had the most magical Christmases, and rode our bikes around the cul-de-sac every afternoon. I always had stacks of books to read and plenty of dolls to play with, and I got to go for sleepovers at my Auntie Pat's and my Grandma's house all the time. Oh sure, my teenage years were full of the usual angst, but all in all, it was great.
7. I come across as quite confident. It's an act. I am riddled with insecurities.
Now I'm supposed to tag seven people. But it's early in the morning, I was up way too late last night, and my brain is still kind of foggy. I'll have to get back to you...