Pages

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Book of the week

I have a huge collection of Christmas books in my house. Every December they come up from our library into the living room, the boys' bedroom, our room... We read them at bedtime, naptime, getting-ready-for-dinner time, whenever we have a chance! Each year we add to the ever-growing stack of beloved stories and discover new favourites. One of our first Christmases together, Alan bought me this little lovely, And Then in a Twinkling. It was a fast favourite and has remained so for the past seven years. This little book is beautiful. It has a simple message (don't get so caught up in the hustle and bustle that you forget the true meaning of Christmas), is charmingly illustrated by the wonderfully talented greeting-card artist, Becky Kelly, and never fails to fill me with holiday cheer. Get yourself a copy, curl up by the tree with a cup of hot cocoa, and enjoy! It will make you smile, I promise. Because "now, in a twinkling, it's Christmas my dear!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...