Pages

Friday, November 06, 2009

Keeping warm

image via here

The weather here has suddenly turned very wet and very cold. I can feel it in my bones (especially the bones of my icy cold fingers and toes!) This decidedly November weather has made it necessary to stoke up the wood stove and keep the kettle almost constantly boiled. Hot chocolate, tea and coffee are the beverages of choice these days. Especially after one has spent over half an hour outside in the torrential rain waiting for one's children to receive their H1N1 vaccination. But don't even get me started on that!

We're headed out this afternoon to meet up with relatives downtown. We'll chit-chat at their swanky hotel, possibly take a dip in the (heated) hotel pool, and go for Chinese food afterwards. Really looking forward to it. As for the rest of the weekend, we've got plenty of housework and other household projects to keep us busy. I'm also thinking I might like to curl up on the couch on Saturday night with a big bowl of popcorn, and yet another cup of tea, and watch You've Got Mail. I adore it, and I haven't seen it in ages. Speaking of that lovely, charming little film, check out this post on Decorology about the gorgeous NYC apartment inhabited by its heroine, Kathleen Kelly... Love.

What are you doing this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...