Pages

Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Yesterday was the perfect fall day to celebrate Thanksgiving with friends and family, outside! Our second annual outdoor dinner at Mom & Dad's was absolutely wonderful. From the festive, harvest decorations (hello! loving the bales of hay!) to the piles of pumpkins, from the crackling fire to the steaming mugs of hot chocolate with whipped cream and mini-marshmallows, from the turkey soup and sandwiches to all the delicious desserts... it couldn't have been better. We had such a fabulous time, and you just couldn't help but feel thankful for such abundance of food and fun and family.


There were scarecrows in the trees.

And a pumpkin for every kid to take home.

I got to hang out with my awesome sister.

Check out the caramel apples my mom made. Super festive and so yummy!!!

Alan enjoying his 10th Canadian Thanksgiving... (and Mom enjoying some wine!)

Sawyer was loving the swing set.

Dad and Gabe hanging out by the fire on one of those aforementioned bales of hay. Loved them!

Who says you can't eat pumpkin pie and swing at the same time? Dylan can handle it, no problem.

Did I mention the caramel apples? Isabel had a few!

Auntie Pat is really enjoying hers!

Mmmm, me too!

And here's Amanda, who somehow manages not to look crazy, whereas AP and I look slightly bonkers... (see above)

Sawyer really, really loves the swing set.

Dylan and Thomas make the glider FLY!

Sawyer picks his pumpkin. And then rolls it all around the garden.

Yay! We love AP!

Sawyer and I cozy up by the fire before heading home to bed...

I have many reasons to be thankful. Yesterday was full of all those reasons. It was so much fun, and I was so impressed with how festive Mom and Dad made it. It was a perfect day. Can't wait for next year! In the meantime, I'm going to practice being more thankful more of the time. Time to get back on the routine of the 3BT. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. Erin,
    What a wonderful idea, an outdoor Thanksgiving! I too loved the haybales, and I could just imagine the yumminess of the caramel apples..mmmmmmmm
    I cooked traditional sit down for 18 yesterday, would love to try an outdoor just maybe next year.....

    love the photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and AP do look bonkers. She looks crazed! You're right though, your sister is awesome!
    xp

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...