Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Lucky

image via here
I am lucky to have been friends with a really wonderful girl for close to 15 years now. She is thoughtful and kind and funny and smart and brave, and she can speak 3 languages! She writes almost as many letters as I do, always phones on my birthday, and never forgets to send an anniversary (or any other important occasion) card. She did two beautiful readings at my wedding, and I would have been proud to at hers, if only my French were good enough! Em and I have gone through all sorts of big things in our lives, sometimes apart, but most definitely always together. Does that make sense? Since we graduated university in 1997, she has lived in Quebec and Poland and England and France. The closest she's lived is Vancouver. Sometimes a whole year goes by and we don't see each other. But it really doesn't matter. We are fabulous at keeping in touch. And the second we're together again, it's like no time has passed at all. That's the sign of true friendship, isn't it?

Tomorrow Em goes in to the hospital to have the tumour removed. She is approaching the end of this cancer nightmare, and is so ready to start feeling good again. I have been cheering her on every step of the way, and tonight I am sending her all my very best happy thoughts and four-leaf-clover vibes. Not that she'll need it. She's a rock star! But I figure every happy thought counts, and every little prayer can't hurt. So please, will you say one with me? Pray for the cancer to be gone for good, and for the road to recovery to be a smooth one. That's what I'll be doing.

Bonne chance, Em! Je t'aime,
xo

2 comments:

  1. Many, many, many prayers for your dear friend, Em. One of my friends just found out that her mother has cancer...so this post hit close to home and made me a little teary.

    Won't it be amazing to (someday) live in a world where cancer no longer exists, and family and friends no longer have to hold their breath hoping? Many prayers and prayers that that day will come soon.

    Well wishes and prayers for you and Em :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful post and you are a beautiful friend to me.

    Em xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...