Pages

Monday, July 20, 2009

Vintage car show and train rides

Yesterday we went out to Heritage Acres to see the vintage car show and ride the model trains. The boys had a great time. We enjoyed a huge, delicious picnic lunch in the shade with my mom, dad, grandpa, Amanda, Philip and their kids, followed by some really, really melty ice cream cones! The highlight (of course) was riding the rails. Poor little Sawyer cried and cried when it was time to get off the train, and he was quite envious when Dylan and Thomas got an extra-special, big kids only ride on a train that looked like "Emily" from Thomas and Friends. I wish I'd thought to take a photo of my dad and his cool old car, all shined up for the occasion... Next year, Dad, I promise!

Kilian and Sawyer near an old tractor. They were more interested in the bench!

Riding the old horse see-saw from Beacon Hill Park. I remember it from when I was little. Loved it!

A shady spot to enjoy our yummy lunch, out of the hot sun.

See? I told you he loves benches!

Dylan and Thomas riding the miniature train all by themselves. Amanda and I were a bit hesitant to let them go, but they loved it. Dylan was waving at the crowds as they rode through the park (he had all that parade practice, after all!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...