4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 35 (!!!)
I had a lovely birthday weekend. Here's a list of some of the fun birthday activities in which I partook (is that even a word?):
- dinner at Milestones with my new friend Sheila on Friday evening... we had a great time, laughing and chatting and eating (mmmmm!) late into the night
- a day out with my Mom and Amanda on Saturday- we lunched, we wandered, we shopped, we talked... it was a really nice day, and I had fun choosing some new shoes and jewellery for myself (thanks, Mom!)
- breakfast in bed this morning, followed by the opening of many exciting presents (I didn't actually get to do much of the opening... my two little helpers did most of it for me!) I have lots of new books to begin working my way through- hurrah!
- numerous phone calls from all my favourite friends and relatives (I especially enjoyed opening my birthday parcel "with" Em when she rang from France)
- Greek takeaway for dinner (sooooo good) followed by the world's most amazing LOST-themed birthday cake for dessert!!! (have I ever mentioned that I'm a fan?) Alan and Dylan created this delicious, edible island, complete with the wreckage of a tiny Oceanic 815, in honour of my 35th. Isn't it fantastic? And it tasted good, too... I felt like a very lucky girl, all day long.
So, all in all, a very happy birthday. I am looking forward to the year ahead. I have high hopes for lots of good things to come.