Pages

Monday, January 12, 2009

Birthday boy


Sorry, everyone. I know you've been waiting to hear something from me for a while. Life has carried on around here, I just haven't had a chance to blog about it!

As you have no doubt heard, Alan was hit by a car while crossing a street on his way to work last week. Thank god he wasn't killed. He is in rough shape, but is alive and (currently) sound asleep on the couch. His left leg is injured, so he is on crutches and has started regular physiotherapy to help him recover his mobility and alleviate the pain he is in. It's been crazy around here, I feel as though I haven't had a chance to stop and take a breath in a while now... I am now the bringer-in of firewood, the builder of fires, and a bit of a single parent when it comes to bathtimes, bedtimes and catching the little monkeys when they're on the run! It's been really tiring for everyone, but we are grateful that we're all still together. We have had the support of family and wonderful friends, and I'd like to say thank you to all of them now. Your kind words, offers of help, and deliveries of cakes and pastries (!) have really lifted our spirits and made things easier. So, thank you! I am eternally grateful.

More news when we have it. In the meantime, here is a photo from Alan's birthday. We drugged him right up so he could enjoy birthday dinner and (you guessed it!) chocolate cupcakes! The birthday show must go on, after all...
Erin x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...